CharIN activities in North America have gained even more momentum. For this reason, innos Inc. has decided to steady, and to expand all North American CharIN operations in 2022. The ramp up project will be the Vehicle Inter-Operability Testing Symposium (VOLTS) funded by California Energy Commission (CEC). It comprises the preparation and execution of an effective and productive Interoperability Testing in California including committee meetings, workshops, and large-scale conference.
To face the mentioned challenges, innos Inc. on behalf of CharIN alliance is seeking a full-time Executive Director. He or she is the organization’s senior professional responsible for strategic leadership, management, and operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide long-term strategic and day-to-day operational leadership of the organization under the direction of CharIN global in close collaboration with the NA Board of Directors
- Administrative and operational duties including but not limited to financial management, tax preparation in conjunction with accounting firm, state and federal nonprofit filings, Board and member meeting facilitation, Board reporting, moderation of NA working groups event planning, and attendee recruitment, etc.
- Act as Chief of Operations designing, implementing, and evaluating new and existing programming to ensure alignment with organizational mission, values, and goals
- Serve as lead representative of the organization to members, prospective members, partners, prospective partners, and district representatives, and the general public
- Develop, monitor, approve and implement policies and procedures appropriate to the operation of the organization
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partners, industry organizations and members to execute on the mission of the organization and drive value to all parties involved
- Ensure economic sustainability of the organization through effective fundraising, donor relations, grant management, sponsorship, and earned revenue as well as stewarding the organization’s financial resources in a disciplined and prudent manner
- Research on special topics in the field of innovations and new technologies as well as processing and preparation of results
- Ensure timely, meaningful communications to all key audiences across all channels and mediums and work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communication on general communication strategy and messaging
- 5 years of experience in a successful senior-level leadership role with a similar type of organization or a nonprofit organization with proven track record of achievements
- Execution excellence, strong business expertise, strategic planning, and experience managing a budget and staff/consultants
- Strong financial management skills, decision making and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Experience in fundraising and business development
- Marketing & Communications driven (to guide PR agency and related educational activities
- Ability to interface with and motivate Board members and partners
- Ability to lead executive level meetings and public speaking
- Entrepreneurial drive with long-term approach
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
- Green Card holder with significant US experience or US citizen
- English language skills on level of well-educated native speaker
- Willingness to travel approx. 25% of the time
- Washington D.C. preferable, but not necessarily required
- Remote work from home is possible
We welcome you to apply
- All applications will be held in confidence.
- Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Timeline for hiring: March 1st, latest April 1st, 2022
Published on: 02/07/2022