- Welcome and Introduction
- Energy Market
- Smart Charging Use Cases
- Bidirectional Charging
- Conclusion and Discussion
You have understood the basic idea of charging electric vehicles and are interested in the possibilities that arise in addition to the "normal charging" of electric vehicles?
Then you are very welcome to this training. The role of electric vehicles in the overall electricity grid of the future will be examined in depth. Why will the power grid need more stabilisation in the future than in the past? To what extent can the millions of electric cars of the future, with their decentralised storage capacity, contribute to stabilising the power grid? What use cases are there for smart and bidirectional charging? And what will the technology look like in the future?
These are the questions we want to address together in the workshop. We will shed light on the situation on the current energy market and take a look at what roles an electric car can take on. We will also look at the technology of bidirectional charging in detail.
As advanced training, we will build on the basics of electromobility that can be learned, for example, in the "E-Mobility for Starter" training.
What you get!
- Understanding the energy market, especially the electricity market (focus on Europe)
- Understanding the need for grid storage and services that can be provided by electric vehicles.
- An overview of the most important smart charging use cases (unidirectional, bidirectional and vehicle-grid integration)
- Technical deep dive into bidirectional charging (efficiency, communication, strategy AC vs. DC bidirectional)
- Business model opportunities for bidirectional charging
- Market insights of bidirectional charging
Who should attend?
- (Electrical) engineers
- Product designers
- Technology consultants
- Anyone interested in the field of e-mobility and the energy market.
As this is an advanced course we recommend that participants have prior experience in the field of e-mobility & charging. For the best possible preparation and a smooth learning experience we recommend that participants visit our Training "Electromobility for Starters" first.
Work status - subject to change without notice. Time Zone: CET.
11/21/2023 – 11/21/2023
Meet the Community
Training Series in Collaboration with P3
Trainings offered in the series:
- Communication Protocol OCPP 1.6
- Smart Charging & Energy Workshop
- Communication Protocol OCPP 2.0.1
- Functional Safety
- E-Mobility for Beginners
Meet the Community