CharIN has extended the scope of the Testival with an additional testing option. Together with our technology partner Hubject, we offer the possibility to perform Plug & Charge end-to-end testing.
What does this mean?
In addition to the Plug & Charge Conformance Testing as part of the standard Testival ticket, you can test the interoperability of Plug & Charge under real conditions. Hubject provides a CPO backend, an eMSP service and a Plug & Charge ecosystem. The CPO Backend and the eMSP Service are connected to the Plug & Charge Ecosystem and participating EVSEs can connect to the CPO Backend via OCPP.
With this Testival setup you can perform the following tests (good and bad cases):
- EVSE Leaf Certificate installation via OCPP
- V2G / MO Root Certificate installation via OCPP
- Installation of Contract Certificate over the air via OEM Telematics Backend (optional)
- Installation of Contract Certificate via EVSE – CPO Backend – Plug & Charge Ecosystem
- Contract Authentication (TLS)
- Contract Authorization
Depending on the availability of the test participants and the characteristics of their product implementations (EV, EVSE, test system), there are three test options:
- EVSE <-> EV: If there are EV’s and EVSE’s that fully support Plug & Charge and at least one side has already performed a conformance test, the EV and EVSE can test together.
- EVSE <-> Emulator as EV reference implementation for the case the EV does not support Plug & Charge in conformance with the standard.
- EV <-> Emulator as EVSE reference implementation in case the EVSE does not support Plug & Charge in conformance with the standard.
All tests are supported on-site by Hubject Plug & Charge experts. In addition to the tests at the Testival, the PnC End-to-End Test package includes a pre-check of the products to be tested. The Hubject experts will assist you in preparing the EV or EVSE for testing for up to 4 hours.
The Plug & Charge End-to-End Test Package is offered for $2,500. You may select this option as a part of your event registration.